We ride the last Friday of every month all year round. Meet at confederation park (elgin and laurier) at 5:30, ride leaves at 6pm!

This is a team blog. To join the team (and get access to post and/or administer the site), email criticalmassottawa@gmail.com

Friday, May 05, 2006

Commuter Group Ride to Work

I currently bike to work from Bank/Sunnyside to Bank/Laurier. I have tried biking straight down Bank St., since this is the most direct route, but every time I do this ride I find the experience unenjoyable because cars drive very closely to me.

I more often bike along the canal to Lisgar where I bike back to Bank St. This does not take me much longer - maybe about 10 minutes.

I feel frustrated by my intimidation to ride down Bank St. and I wanted to do something about it.

I would like to start a commuter group ride to work. Ideally I would like it to be every day (to and from) but maybe we can start by testing it out one day a week.

If anyone is interested please let me know!

We could meet at Bank/Sunnyside (NW corner) in the parking lot at 8:20 a.m. and head downtown shortly after.

After work we could meet at Bank Laurier (SE corner) in the parking lot at around 5pm and head back down Bank St. towards Sunnyside.

let me know your thoughts!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:24 PM

 
Blogger jason said...

A vehicular cycling course such as CanBike II should give you the confidence and skills to commute in car traffic.

11:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question, as has been stated a bicycle is considered a vehicle under the HTA, so does a bicycle have to stop for a school bus that has the lights flashing and stop sign out, I know the answer but i am wondering if a lot of cyclists do.

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home