We ride the last Friday of every month all year round. Meet at confederation park (elgin and laurier) at 5:30, ride leaves at 6pm!

This is a team blog. To join the team (and get access to post and/or administer the site), email criticalmassottawa@gmail.com

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Who reads this Blog? And other administration issues

Last year we closed this blog because we had some issues with "trolls" - people taking over the blog, changing the password, and writing posts hostile to critical mass.

As a result, we made it a "team blog", which means people can be invited to become members of the blog, or administrators of the blog.

I originally started the blog in Nov 2005 to help publicize and provide a forum for discussion about critical mass in Ottawa. This has worked to some degree, but a lot of critical massers do not use the blog. On top of this, I have left Ottawa, so now there are a number of others who administer the blog. But it takes a lot of time, and this seems to be falling on only a few people's shoulders.

The question is, are people still reading this blog? Does it serve a function?

If it is serving a function, is its current status of updates, etc., sufficient?

Do we need more administrators or members?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the number one hit for "ottawa critical mass" on google, so i guarantee people read it.

the real question is, does anyone read the ottawacriticalmass@gmail emails? i've sent a few messages to it, and never heard back.

i'd be good to keep the 'next critical mass' date current.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger anomi said...

i always see your comments - do you want to help admin?

i agree about the gmail. i don't know what happened. i don't have access to it anymore (the password was changed), and i don't know who does! i don't really want to put my personal email on the blog though - also i'm not in ottawa anymore!!

2:25 AM

 
Blogger John said...

sure, i just re-enabled my blogger account. you can email me at chaosmachine@gmail if you need to.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger anomi said...

okay i sent you an email to invite you to become a member.

cheers

n

6:25 PM

 
Blogger accidental altruist said...

Thanks for putting me on here Naomi! Hope I can help out with Critical Mass in general as well as get a few new peeps @ World Naked Bike Ride!

7:01 PM

 
Blogger anomi said...

hey no problem!

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Pascale Arpin said...

I check it!
It's good for knowing the upcoming themes.

12:36 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know that a blog existed, but now that I do, I'll be checking it regularly.

I just sent out a mass email to all my Ottawa peoples, so hopefully this will get them off their lazy asses and out into the Ottawa streets this Friday.

That's my little contribution to CM.

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hit it with Google on Friday, June 26th. at 1:00 am. :)
Unless it rains, I should be there in a few hours with my rollerblades and maybe camera for my first Ottawa CM!
http://www.sfu.ca/~rmacinty/criticalmass.htm

1:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home